Food unites people.
And starts conversations.
Our Operations Team ( unfortunately minus one Julian Hill on the day ) united over Gippsland produce this week to reflect on the year’s project achievements and milestones- and look ahead to an exciting 2020, inspired by the encouraging and empowering leadership of Dr Nicola Watts.
After a big morning of idea sharing and discussing innovative and engaging project activities, events and networking forums for our members, industry partners and stakeholders in the new year, Jaci from Jacican wowed the team with a creatively prepared spread that featured all local produce including :
• beef short ribs from one of our valued members Dalrose Farms - premium grass fed Gippsland beef
• bread from Oak and Swan Sourdough, a small wood fired organic bakery in Mardan, South Gippsland
• Ham and Kabana from Wattlebank Park Farm at St Clair on the Bass Coast
• Prom Country Cheese
• Jacican chutneys & pickles - and an amazing array of fresh fruit and vegetables from the on site harvest garden
• Grand Ridge Beer - A splash of the Mirboo North local brew that went in the batter for the fried green tomatoes..
It was awesome to spend time together and reconnect with how passionate the whole team is about collaborating with people, businesses and communities and making a positive impact all over the region.
Bring on a busy and prosperous 2020 !